Friday, October 12, 2007

Almost Done!

Let's see here... hmmm...

Oh yeah. I'm almost done with nursing this semester! Yay! Today I passed my IV checkoff. The only thing I messed up on was forgetting to close the clamp before I spiked the bag. But I realized I did it before it was too late and verbalized it. So she didn't count that against me. My infusion to give was 1000 ml of D5 1/2NS to be given at 140 ml/hr. My drop factor was 15 so that came out to be an even 35 gtt/min (I like NEVER end up with an even number). When she came over to count it she came out with 36 gtt/min, which is awesome because we had a +/- 4 gtts/min. YAY!

The only checkoff left is Foley Catheters! That'll be a toughie I'm sure. Maybe not. I just can't find any volunteers to let me practice with. Hmm... any volunteers? It's real simple, really. I'll just shove a tube into your bladder and then take it out.

I've passed all my exams and I only have 2 more left (I think) plus the final. I feel pretty good about it, but I don't want to get overconfident. I tend to overstress about things but that keeps me from getting lazy. Sometimes the overstressing is bad though, when I'm overstressing about too much at once it proves detrimental to my health LOL

Oh yeah, speaking of which, I got to talk to my dr about my stinkin blood pressure. I'm on Atenolol and my bp has been spiking alot lately. I'm so terrified of having a stroke or heart attack. My grandmother died of a stroke within a month of finding out she was a diabetic. I was so traumatized. So now here I am a diabetic for what? 6 years? My A1C's are decent (around 7) but my dailies are not. Plus the HBP doesn't help. And I could definitely stand to lose a few. And my dad had like a quadruple bypass earlier this year. Anything he gets physically, I tend to as well. He's diabetic with HPB with the same liver crap that I have. WAAAH! Ok Amy... chill tha hell out. Yer fine!

Ok everyone! I'm off to the land of sedation heaven! Muchos lovos and stuff.

No comments:

Post a Comment