Wednesday, December 12, 2007

My new endocrinologist!

I'm so glad I set up this appointment with this doctor. He's one of the best in Atlanta. Now I see why. He's amazing. He's very friendly, knowledgeable, and thorough. I'm excited!

He wants to put me on insulin again (I was on it a few years ago). I told him I welcome the great control it will bring, but I didn't like being on it last time. He seems to think that they didn't better incorporate it into my daily life (which is very busy and hectic) and needs to be better fine tuned. With my blood sugars in the 200-300's all the time he thinks we'll be able to get it down between 70-120 all the time. That will make me feel so much better. I won't be as exhausted all the time and can better follow a stricter exercise regimen, which in turn will benefit me more.

He also said that there doesn't appear to be any damage to my eyes from the diabetes. That's great, I don't want to go blind!! He also doesn't believe I have significant nerve damage from it either. Whew! He likes that I am seeing him now BEFORE I run into bad complications so that we can prevent them.

He did blood and urine tests, which we will get the results on in a few days. He also did an EKG to check my heart. At the top of the print out it said I had a normal sinus rhythm with C3 and C4 abnormalities that could be caused by left ventricular hypertrophy possibly indicative of an anterior infarction. That's a freaken heart attack! I hope the thing is wrong. That would be scary if at one time I had a minor heart attack and didn't know it. I'm not going to get concerned though until he calls and said he read my EKG and it was abnormal.

Anyways, I'm going back to him in a few weeks and I'm also going to take diabetes information and nutritional classes. That's so nice. I've been diabetic for 6-7 years and my previous doctor NEVER did all of this. I feel like he'll really help me take care of myself and to have all my bases covered. I can deal with insulin, especially if it helps me feel better and become "normal" (as normal as I can be LOL)

YAY!!!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment