Wednesday, November 5, 2008

Peds Clinicals - Stopping in my Nursing Education to Look Around

Wow, I can't believe that my last semester in years is almost finally here. As many of you know, even after I delete blog postings here on myspace I save them in Yahoo. I still go back and read some of my first blogs sometimes. I don't want to speak too soon cause anything can still keep me from graduating in May. But standing at my front door, I see the welcome friend of graduation walking my way.

I never thought that I would get so attached to the friends I have made in school. I'm the type that will be friends with anyone. That's a far cry from high school where I hated so many of the immature brats I graduated with. It's better with college. There's more at stake than just mommy and daddys money. It's our personal investments and lives on the lines. And of course I'm scared to death what a new presidency will bring.

Like anything I've met good people and bad people, good instructors and bad instructors. When I graduate I plan to thank big time all of my instructors, but I want to do something for my two most favorite instructors. One I've known for several months and another I just met this semester. The one I just met this semester, I see so much of what I want to be in her. I feel she would make a great role model and someone I can look up to. She reassured me when I felt out of place in her own mellow and genteel ways. The other one brought lots of fun and entertainment along the way and would never let me feel out of place. She's only a Fundamentals and Med-Surg instructor, so I don't see her anymore, but she still made nursing school somewhat dealable LOL (No I don't think it's a word)

For all of you current nursing students and nursing students to be, please keep in touch with me. As many of you already know, I'm always here to help anyone who has nursing school questions, or anything else. And to all of you who have seen me through nursing school, thank you for your unique contributions, no matter how insignificant it may seem. Especially my family and closest friends (Esp McKenzie, Melody, and Shabrina). But there's so many. I'll be sure to give you a personal shout out at a later time in a more formal way.

I'm calling it a night now in preparation for another day at CHOA. Have a great week everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment