Wednesday, February 11, 2004

Pregnancy Email to Christine - 2 Months

Pregnancy Email to Christine

Ok...I need your help with this. I went to my doctor on Monday. He did an exam and sent me over to the hospital the same day for an abdominal ultrasound (abdominal and transvaginal). I seen the screen for the abdominal ultrasound and I seen a sack, but nothing inside of it. Knowing a week prior my hcg levels were over 6800 there should be at least a yolk sac or a fetal pole, but there was nothing. So I assumed there was a blighted ovum. Today they tell me the diagnosis is an intrauterine pregnancy of 5 weeks 6 days with cardiac activity. This would put me pregnant around December 31st. I had a hcg test January 12th that came back negative (0). I have also had some brown spotting for the last 3 days. I go in tomorrow for them to look into giving me progesterone suppositories. But I'm doubting I'm even pregnant. What are the odds with being on the pill for one cycle and using condoms as backup on occasion, that I'm pregnant AGAIN?! This doesn't seem right to me AT ALL. I think I might pose as a wonderful training tool for your schooling. Please give me some hope! I'll be anxious to read your response!
____________________________________________________________

Well I hate to tell you this but it sounds as if you are pregnant. If they saw cardiac activity then there is no doubt. At 5 weeks it is real difficult to see much at all to the untrained eye. As far as the HCG levels I do not know, unless there was in error at the lab and the blood. An ultrasound with cardiac activity would be the best indicator rather than a blood test. Why are they looking into giving you progesterone suppositories? I guess congratulations are in order. If you are not trying to get pregnant obviously the pill does not work for you, look into an IUD they have come along way. Actually the office I am in now really advocates for them.
Christine

No comments:

Post a Comment