Monday, November 12, 2007

Baby Crave!

Ok, I'm about out of my mind. I SO can't wait to have another baby! I laid down last night to relax and ended up falling asleep. My stomach was hurting and it's like I still felt it in my sleep and incorporated it into my dream. I dreamt that I was laying in bed and my stomach hurt. I reached down to rub it and it was hard and round, like I was 5 months pregnant or something. Then it's like I walked in to the bathroom that's next to our bed to take a pregnancy test and it was positive right away. But I was shocked & scared.

Our plan is to have a baby AFTER I graduate. As bad as I want another baby I'm so scared. I don't know if things are too bad with my diabetes. I had alot of serious complications with my last pregnancy and Colin & I were lucky to come out ok. I know if I get pregnant again I'm likely to repeat those complications.

But this is my plan:
1) Start now with an endocrinologist who will help me take real strict care of the diabetes and get settled on a steady medication and food plan.
2) Get started on a healthy exercise routine. Right now I'm just doing alot of walking, but maybe add more to it. I'd like to get back into dancing.
3) If I need to be back on insulin, so be it. But before I get pregnant I'm going on a pump! I used to inject SO much insulin SO often that I was begging the dr to put me on a pump. That way if I needed more insulin, all I had to do was push a button. Also more convenient being away from home alot. But the dr I had at the time wasn't real familiar with pumps.So I'm hoping that I can get my a1c down (it's at 7.1 now-not cool) and start on a strict medication schedule. In a year I should be in prime shape for a baby! And pray it's a girl.

I've received word from a few people that my doctor will probably discourage me from getting pregnant (and a few said they wouldn't), but I'm motivated to make this work. I just need some words on encouragement!

No comments:

Post a Comment