Wednesday, July 9, 2008

New Mommy

No I'm not pregnant LOL But we told my mom she's going to be a grandmother again and I think she passed out for a minute!! HAHA...

My Firemouth laid eggs today when we were gone. I could tell something was up cause she has this little helmet decoration and she seemed to be cleaning it quite a bit and rubbing up against it. She was also real crazy and aggressive. I read to turn the heat up so I bumped it up to 84 from 80. I checked before I left today and no eggs but she was still cleaning. Before I came home tonight I bought a small flower pot to put in there. Cichlids like laying eggs in those. When I came home I checked on her and there's TONS of eggs in the helmet! Her and her mate were flaring their fighting fins at me. They didn't want me near the aquarium LOL And God forbid another fish came near. They attacked! I've never seen them like this. So I moved the filter over away from the helmet and tomorrow I'm going to Petsmart to get an aquarium divider so the other cichlids don't attack.

Has anyone else had a Firemouth lay eggs? This is my first time seeing it! I'm so excited. What do I need to know?

No comments:

Post a Comment