Friday, May 21, 2004

Pregnancy Email to Christine - 4 months

Pregnancy Email to Christine - 4 Months

Hi how are you two doing? Thought I'd write and let you know the latest edition of my journey to September 21st. Yesterday I noticed I was having a bunch of Braxton-Hicks contractions. Collin wasn't moving as much as he usually does either. But I checked his heartbeat with the doppler and it was just beating away! Today I just got this bad feeling. My stomach kept tightening up but it didn't hurt. It was uncomfortable to sit and Collin still wasn't moving much. So I called the drs office. They told me to come on in and get checked. So I went in and the nurse said my bp was up (155/90) Then they checked my urine and said I had alot of white blood cells and ketones in my urine. That's funny because I drank about 4 glasses of water before going (I was thirsty!) I figured it would have diluted everything. The midwife checked the babys heartbeat and she was impressed at its strength! It was a good 155. She checked my cervix and fortunately it was long, hard, and closed. She said she thinks that I have a bladder/kidney infection and prescribed Macrobid. T! hat makes alot of sense because all this week my back has hurt really bad. I figured it was just because I'm getting bigger. She also said the heat/vibrating chair pad I use was ok. Just not to put any heating pads over my stomach. She also let me know if the contractions get stronger and real painful to go to a particular hospital in the area that has the equipment to handle real premature babies and to call her before I go. Fortunately that's the hospital I've already elected to have Collin at. After I left I called my boss and told him I was going to go home and lay down for about an hour. With everyone else always calling in sick or leaving for petty reasons (the other girl in the office left without asking because her gas bill was late and tomorrow she's off because it's her kids last day of school-so is my sons! Do I get the day off? Heck no! And last week the boss and two employees went on a fishing trip, the other girl got off at 1:00, & the bosses wife took the a! fternoon off. The other guy who didn't go on the trip called in saying his kids were sick. I was the only one holding things down!) I didn't feel bad at all for calling in. I told my boss I'd be in around 12:30, so I'm back before the other girl goes home for the day. So I went home and got a little rest. Woke up throwing up but my stupid butt came back to work anyways! I tried eating some food to take with my antibiotic, but I ended up throwing up. My whole body hurts right now. I just want to crawl into bed! Well, just thought I'd let you know how today went with that. Please write me back!

Take care,
Amy
______________________________________________________________

Hello there,I hope they are watching your BP that kinda bothers me it screams watch for pre-eclampsia. I hope you start feeling better.On a more pleasant note, I made reservations at the Hampton Inn in Conyers. We will be there June 17th and leave June 20th. We are leaving Lima the 16th and driving until whenever and then doing the rest the next day. Ashley is looking forward to seeing everyone.
Take care and see you in a few weeks.
Christine

No comments:

Post a Comment