Monday, April 20, 2009

My First and Second Born

1. WAS YOUR PREGNANCY PLANNED?
#1 - Not really
#2 - Heck no. I was on the pill and taking it religiously!

2. WERE YOU MARRIED AT THE TIME?
#1 - No
#2 - Nope LOL

3. WHAT WERE YOUR REACTIONS?
#1 - "Uhhhhh... shit!"
#2 - "That's not freaken possible!" (In fact the dr had to do an extra ultrasound and show me the baby's heartbeat just so I'd believe it)

4. HOW OLD WERE YOU?
#1 - 17
#2 - 26

5. HOW DID YOU FIND OUT YOU WERE PREGNANT?
#1 - EPT
#2 - Blood test & Ultrasound

6. WHO DID YOU TELL FIRST?
#1 - My bf
#2 - My bf

7. DID YOU WANT TO FIND OUT THE SEX?
#1 - Oh heck yeah
#2 - Couldn't wait

8. DUE DATE?
#1 - It was changed from October 20th to November 18th
#2 - October 12th I think

9. DID YOU HAVE MORNING SICKNESS?
#1 - VERY BAD! I lost so much weight
#2 - YES! I was miserable for 8 months

10. Cravings?
#1 - Taco Bell, Apple Juice, and Pickles (& juice)
#2 - Milk

11. WHO/WHAT IRRITATED YOU THE MOST?
#1 - Hmm, I think I was pretty mellow during my pregnancy. I wasn't overly emotional. Oh wait. One day I was on the phone with my bf and my nosy aunt kept getting on one of the other lines (she was at our house doing laundry) and was running her mouth. I hung up with my bf, went out in the dining room where she had her back turned to me and I called her name. She turned around with a nasty attitude and said "WHHAAAT?" LMAO I punched her in the face. Left her with black eyes for a week (right Paula?) Wow, I couldn't believe I did that. My fam still wishes they could punch her in the face LMAO
#2 - My crazy ass boss, his wife, and the secretary.

12. WHAT WAS YOUR FIRST CHILD'S SEX?
#1 - FULLLLLLL boy
#2 - No doubt a boy

13. DID YOU WISH YOU HAD THE OPPOSITE SEX OF WHAT YOU WERE GETTING?
#1 - Yeah, I wanted a daughter because a few years earlier my daughter was stillborn at 6 months.
#2 - Yes, same reason as #1

14. HOW MANY POUNDS DID YOU GAIN THROUGHOUT THE PREGNANCY?
#1 - Maybe 15?
#2 - Until the last month only like 10 pounds.

15. DID YOU HAVE A BABY SHOWER?
#1 - HECK NO! I'm still pissed that my mom didn't throw me a baby shower. Damnit.
#2 - NOPE! Next time around I'm throwing my own damn baby shower LOL

16. WAS IT A SURPRISE OR DID YOU KNOW?
#1 - It was a surprise that my mom didn't want to throw me a shower.
#2 - Again, it was a surprise that I didn't have one LOL But then again, I didn't know many people in Georgia and I don't think the father's family traditionally throws one. I don't know.

17. DID YOU HAVE ANY COMPLICATIONS DURING YOUR PREGNANCY?
#1 - Actually it wasn't so bad. Just really painful. I have NO torso room for a baby. He was INSIDE my rib cage and the only way I could breathe was to arch my back. Of course, that killed my back.
#2 - Yeah I was text book "Pregnancy & Every Complication That Could Possibly Happen 2nd Edition". Sugar in my urine, ketones in my urine, protein in my urine, bladder infections, high blood pressure, pre-eclampsia, preexisting diabetes, gallbladder attacks, severe morning sickness that I had to be medicated for... and for some reason I'm willing to do it again against medical advise LOL

18. WHERE DID YOU GIVE BIRTH?
#1 - St Ritas Medical Center Lima, OH
#2 - Rockdale Medical Center Conyers, GA

19. HOW MANY HOURS WERE YOU IN LABOR?
#1 - I was sent to the hospital at 11:00 pm Sunday night and he was delivered at 6:00 am Tuesday. I still only made it to 5 cm with Pitocin and breaking my water LOL
#2 - I wasn't technically in labor. I was hospitalized with severe pre-eclampsia and had me on every freaking monitor in the world, which made me more miserable. One monitor kept saying I was having steady contractions so they gave me Terbutaline to stop the contractions (I was only 35 weeks along and had a cesarean before. They didn't want my uterus rupturing) Terbutaline is like HELL IN A SYRINGE!

20. WHO DROVE YOU TO THE HOSPITAL?
#1 - My mom
#2 - Marty

21. WHO WATCHED YOU GIVE BIRTH?
#1 - My bf was in the room
#2 - Marty

22. WAS IT NATURAL OR C-SECTION?
#1 - C-Section
#2 - C-Section

23. DID YOU TAKE MEDICINE TO EASE THE PAIN?
#1 - I asked for an epidural
#2 - I got a spinal I believe just before the cesarean.

24. HOW MUCH DID YOUR CHILD WEIGH?
#1 - 7lbs, 14 oz
#2 - 8lbs, 5 oz

25. WHEN WAS YOUR CHILD ACTUALLY BORN ?
#1 - November 14, 1995
#2 - September 5, 2004

26. WHAT DID YOU NAME HIM/HER?
#1 - Cody Allen Adkins
#2 - Colin Joseph Polak

27. HOW OLD IS YOUR FIRST BORN TODAY?
#1 - 13
#2 - 4
My big belly at 35 weeks before delivery. I had pre-eclampsia that turned real bad and they had to delivery Colin early.

No comments:

Post a Comment