Sunday, June 1, 2008

Myrtle Beach Day One!

Ok this is my first time in Myrtle Beach. Like I said before, this is the closest I was able to get to Virginia Beach. I used to live there and it killed me to leave. I've been dying to go back but was never able to. I literally feel like I left a part of me there. But as soon as we got to our oceanfront room I changed into my swimsuit and got everyone ready to go out.

Ahhhh it was so nice to hit the sand again! To feel it under my feet and wash from under my toes. It's just the little things! And the water was perfect. Colin wasn't even scared of the sand or the water! When Cody was little he was so scared of getting on the sand and wouldn't even go close to the ocean! But Colin had his buckets and shovels. We went right away looking for shells. That was the coolest thing to him. He had this starfish shaped thing (that ironically he's playing with it right now!) and was making little "Patricks" in the sand - like SpongeBob SquarePants. He get a kick out of it!

Marty had a blast in the water too. We took turns staying with Colin. The other person went out deeper in the water with Cody and we'd get swept off our feet by the waves! I got hit by one strong one in particular and I took a rough tumble but I'm cool. Cody took a couple real bad ones but all in all it was so much fun! We laughed so hard our stomachs hurt!

Later we went to the hotel pool and swam in the kiddie pool (Colin was in HEAVEN with it!) And Cody, Marty, and I (2 at a time) hung out in the hot tub. It's was HOT. But once I was used to it it was ok.

We went back to the room, I took a shower, and then we walked to a restaurant up the road. It was a pricey place and the service sucked! Marty and I had Crab Stuffed Flounder with Hollandaise sauce. The food definitely wasn't worth the money we paid. I'm pretty disappointed. But we paid and left. It was after 10:00 pm by this point. Afterwards we all walked the beach barefoot and did more shell hunting. The breeze was AWESOME and there was a thunderstorm off in the ocean. We turned around and went back when we found a Jellyfish washed up on the beach.

Well, now I think I'll call it a night. I'm never down this early. I got a beach to hit tomorrow!!!

Oh and I found out the other day my best friend is joining us on Tuesday!! Kenzie, her husband, her daughter (who I swear is getting married to Cody one day), and their 1 year old son. We all get along great and we'll have SOOOOO much fun!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment