Thursday, June 18, 2009

New pictures found of my brother

When my brother was alive he had a computer and, of course, he had photos on it. His girlfriend at the time (& mother to his daughter) received the computer for his daughter when she got older.

Yesterday my mom was able to get the computer for a little bit to get any pictures left on it. Today she was able to send them to me. Seeing those pictures was great, bittersweet even. Before I knew it I was emotional. Just a flood of emotions hit me. My brother seemed so "okay" and I still can't understand why it was time for him to leave us. I still can't help but feel like I should have been closer, I should have been best friends with him. I should have been supportive more. I should have told him I loved him more. I should have contributed to a happy life for him. In the grand scheme of things, I don't believe that our childhood of sibling fights and arguments contributed to his sadness. There were bigger issues on him. But still, if he had someone to "get him away" from everything that was stressing him, maybe he'd still be alive. I know about a year before he died, I sent him a job opening for one of the fire departments here (for a paramedic position) but my mom said he didn't qualify for something (probably a GA license).

Before he died he took a trip to Savannah. I know from being there, and at Tybee Island, that it's so pretty there. He was considering going for a job there, but decided against it. But from what I heard, he was on cloud nine there. Today I have more pictures of his trip. I can see the life in his eyes. He did seem happy there.

Well now here are some pictures and videos of him in the year or two before he died.





This is SO David. Being silly.





David in the blue shirt taking care of a patient in the ambulance.





David in his fire gear.





This is such a stunning picture. My brother is looking at the camera with the sun behind him, but I can't help but imagine him moving on to Heaven and turning around one last time to say "Goodbye".





LOL At first when I looked at this picture I thought he caught a small fish and was holding it. Figures. It's a shark.





Dave vs The Alligator :-)





Here is David with Natalie in Savannah. I still remember talking to her the night after David died. I know it was a shock to her. Like the rest of us, she didn't see it coming.





He loved Natalie so much and it looks like they were having so much fun in Savannah. This picture was taken June 24, 2004 almost 10 months before he died.





I wanted to add this picture of Illana running towards the ocean. I just can't imagine her innocense and happiness at that moment. She still remembers her Daddy and I hope she always knows that her Daddy will forever watch over her.





Here is my sweet neice again. Such an angel.





This is a video of my brother performing CPR chest compressions on a patient. I can't imagine how tired he is!





Here is another one that is brief but you can still see him doing chest compressions.

1 comment:

  1. Your brother is very handsome and his pictures are really cool. I too lost my brother and I miss him so much. I know that he is now in heaven and looks at me frequently smiling and only wanting for me to become a better person everyday. His memory will always linger in my heart and yes i really misssss him..!

    ReplyDelete