Thursday, November 4, 2004

Well this is my first posting. I don't know why I'm even starting this, I guess I'm so bored that it's something that seems interesting. I have an 8 year old son, who has a birthday in a few weeks. He just became a big brother 2 months ago. My boss made sure that while I was pregnant he'd try making my life a living hell. Him and his wife both. They were crazy! It did get tough. They piled more and more work on me and picked fights all the time. No wonder my blood pressure shot up after awhile. I ended up hospitalized and released on bedrest. About a week later I was hospitalized because the high blood pressure turned into Pre-Eclampsia. I was only about 35 weeks pregnant, but they had to do something, so they did an amnio to see if Colin's lungs were mature. They were so the next morning he was born by cesarean. He was a big 8 pounds 6 ounces! Pretty incredible considering he was premature. He ended up having trouble breathing and needed to be put on a ventilator. He came home a week later. My mom spent about a month and some here. She wants to move down. I think I'm considering it very seriously. The blood pressure problems continued after delivery, probubly because my boss didn't let up. He gave my job away to an old high school friend of his wife's. He offered me part-time afternoons. What a jerk. He knew I couldn't work that. Even at $12 an hour everything I would make would go to childcare. He KNEW that. I wish he had more employees because I'd sue his ass. But when I think about it, I won out. If I went back there, things never would have changed. I'd be stressed and with a new baby it wouldn't have been good. I'm happier than I have been in so long. I'm home with my fiance, Marty, more and I enjoy every minute of it. Plus I have time with Cody. He's not in child care until late and he has more times with his friends. Plus I have more time to take care of the house.

Well, it is time for me to get other things done. I'll have to do this again tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment