Monday, May 25, 2009

This was a beautiful Sunday :-)

I'm so proud of Colin. He actually slept in his bed all night last night! Oh, maybe I should explain LOL With both of my boys I ended up letting them sleep with me when they were babies. Unfortunately, I have a hard time breaking them of it. They always have a bed of their own, they just feel safer sleeping with me I guess. Besides, with my husband working until the middle of the night, it makes me feel better having my youngest sleeping within reach of me at night. But believe me, sometimes I just wish I could have an entire bed to myself to stretch out on!

So last night he spent the entire night in his bed. Even tonight he's willing to sleep in his own bed. I hope this is the start of Colin really being a big boy!

But I got up this morning and went to Kmart around the corner. I bought some more potting soil, another flower pot, and these spikes that you put in the soil to determine whether the plant needs watered or not. Like I've said before, I have the hardest time growing plants. So I need all the help I can get.

Then I drove my car to the car wash to vacuum it out and throw some junk out. I also Armor-All'd the plastic inside of the car. Yes, I even paid for that fragrance oil that you spray under the seats LOL

I was going to go home to where I live (we have a free car wash there) and wash the outside of the car, but storm clouds were blowing in and it was thundering. So instead I sat on my patio and filled up this huge flower pot with soil and added some of the plants I purchased yesterday from Home Depot. IMO it's a beautiful arrangement, but that's just my opinion LOL

While I was gone cleaning out my car, Marty, Cody, and Colin cleaned these old patio chairs and table and spray painted them. I was ready to toss them but they got them looking REAL nice! They are like a hammered copper color. Looks beautiful on the patio now. Especially with the flowers and the bird feeders I have up. I don't care for wind chimes, but if I can find an inexpensive bamboo one I would put it up. Now all I need to do is put two more of my plants in new pots and buy a plant stand and my patio is good to go!

Tonight, Marty and I sat on the patio and lit a 3-wick Citronella candle and talked. It was a nice, cool night and we just loved it. We had some great conversations. Man, I love him so much!

Well, tomorrow I have to jump back on my cross stitch project I started. Maybe I can sit on the patio to do it if it's nice outside!

No comments:

Post a Comment