Monday, May 11, 2009

Waiting on the Final Exam grades

Well everything from last week worked out. I got my cap & gown. My application to the state has been sent. I have everything set for the background check and fingerprinting done. I have the NSNA cord. And today I received my Phi Theta Kappa honors stuff. My dad and stepmother offered to cover some things for me (thank GOD!) and I told them all I needed was the stole and gold tassel. They bought me the full regalia!!! Seriously, OMG! I couldn't make it through the graduation process without them. We speak to God daily and ask him to give us the strength and means to survive our tough times and in so many ways He has come through for us. In some ways I can't mention, but He has worked his miracles in so many ways. I believe there are some great things in store for us. :-)

Right now the last obstacle is waiting on my final exam grades. Once I have that I can calculate my FINAL grade. I have to have above a 75% to pass nursing school. The way I figured it I can get a 65% and STILL pass with a 75%. I've never scored that low before and I don't want to start now. But I'm always the overly cautious one. I try not to get my hopes up on anything. But sometimes that comes off as pessimistic.

Well, I have volunteered officially to work at a Free Medical Clinic that is run out of a church less than a mile up the road from me. I'm just waiting for my paperwork to come back from the state. It's a clinic open one day a week and it's for people with no insurance that need medical care. There's a bunch of doctors and nurses from the area that help out. So it would be an honor for me to volunteer as well!

I have also signed up to be a part of the East Atlanta Disaster Action Team for the American Red Cross. If there is ever a disaster or something where the Red Cross is needed, I will be one of the people sent to respond. I just need to go to a few of their training seminars.

AHHH I'm trying to keep busy while school is out!!! I...MUST...STAY...BUSY!!!! LOL

No comments:

Post a Comment