Monday, July 13, 2009

CoverGirl Outlast Lipstain Review (BzzAgent)


First of all I want to let everyone know that I belong to a website that is totally cool. The whole point of it is to tell others about products that you try and love (or maybe don't love). After building your way up, you are able to join a "campaign" where a manufacturer will send you their product to try out and tell others about it. The name of this site is BzzAgent.com and that makes me a BzzAgent! LOL So anyways, with this review I am NOT told what to say. I tried this product and this is my honest opinion.

Ok, with that being said, now on to CoverGirl Outlast Lipstain. It comes in a nifty tube that is like a thich Sharpie. The part you apply the lipstain is like a thick marker. It says it has a great scent, but I thought it was too light to really notice.

I tried the Cinnamon Smile color. I have to wear lip color that has a brown shade or else it looks too bright and orangey on me. So I chose this. Unfortunately, it came out more of a red color on me. Not saying this is how it will work on everyone, but that's how it did on me.

I do like how you are able to adjust if you want just a little or more intense color and you can line your lips with the sharper point. And it doesn't feel heavy on your lips like traditional lipstick can. This is definitely a bonus during the summer months.

Because this is a lip STAIN it is meant to stay on your lips longer. I found it did ok. Alot of times I end up applying my makeup in a rush and then realize I need to brush my teeth, so one morning I ended up brushing my teeth AFTER I applied the stain. It stayed on pretty well. So I was pleased. But the staying power isn't that fantastic after that. It might just be because I don't apply it too heavily because the shade doesn't come out right on me, but it didn't last so long.

The price tag is around $7 or $8 on the store shelves and there are $1 off coupons available. Even given this information, I'm not sure I'd spend my money on it. It was ok, lasts longer than lip gloss, tends to be drying (I had to apply chapstick after each application), and nice and light. But don't expect to put it on in the morning before work and it to be there a few hours later.

1 comment:

  1. I wish I could get this buzzagent thing to work. It sounds great to get free products to review.
    Congrats on finishing nursing school!

    ReplyDelete