Sunday, July 19, 2009

Nikita, her kittens, & my money saving adventure!

Well, I went into the kitchen today and got quite a surprise. I heard whimpering and turned around and Nikita had one of her kittens by the back of the neck and was carrying it around the house! Ooooook! I soon learned that sometimes if the kittens are being handled too much and the mother just wants a new nesting spot. She had the kittens in the corner of our dining room, but after they were born I moved them into our bedroom in a box. But I'll admit, seeing them there all the time makes us all want to hold them and pet them. So I ended up moving "the box" back into the dining room where she had them. It's also set back in a corner between furniture so she probably feels safe back there. I also found that with the kittens back there, we're not as tempted to go and touch them. Plus, I think Nikita enjoys being a bigger part of our family now rather than set back in our bedroom.

I'm also preparing more for the NCLEX. I have to work up the motivation to finish the work from my summer classes (English and Philosophy). That way nursing can be my number one priority.

Oh! I almost forgot! Ok, let me back up a little. I have started trying to save money on groceries. I've done a good job clipping coupons and taking them to the store with me. I've been lucky enough to start saving $5-$10 each time. But lately I have been starting to save nearly $40!!! I'm so proud of myself LOL I needed to buy a new air freshener can for our spray machine thing. I had a coupon for $1 off. That was going to make it about $4 a can. But I looked at a whole starter kit that was normally close to $10 on clearance for $6. I took another look at some old coupons I had clipped and I had a $4 off coupon for a starter kit. I got a $10 starter kit for $2!!! YAY!!! I'm getting there! I also saved $5 off of razors for Marty. They were about $8. The refills were around $5 and I had a $3 off coupon. I got $13 worth of "premium" razors for $5. Marty tends to break out real bad with cheap razors, so I wanted him to try something of better quality. I found a $3.50 off coupon for kitten food that only cost $4 something at Walmart. Plus the manufacturer gives $1 to an animal rescue center of your choice! How cool is that?

I'm hoping to start posting online coupon links for everyone to start getting great deals on things. Especially when you combine it with a clearance price. You can end up saving 90%!

1 comment:

  1. Ha Ha ... I am totally a sale person too... I am such a bargin shopper never pay full price for anything.. Good for you! I bought my mom a $60.00 bracelet for Mothers Day and Only paid $2.38.... it was on sale, I had a $10 coupon and my JCP enployee discount!!! Rock on with you bad self!

    ReplyDelete