Monday, July 13, 2009

It's JULY?!

Wow! Seems like this summer is really going by fast! It's been a rough summer, no doubt. Lots of work to get done, lots of waiting, and lots of new things occurring.

Where to begin? Well, May 15th I graduated from Georgia Perimeter with a degree in nursing. Just before I graduated I submitted my application for classes at Grand Canyon University in Arizona for my BSN. But before I can "officially" be a student there and start my nursing classes there I have to have my RN license. The state has my application and now I just need to wait for my authorization to test. At that point I will schedule my date to take the NCLEX. If I pass, I will be an RN! Officially!

In the meantime, I am able to take the remaining core classes that I need to get my BSN. I'm taking English Composition 2 and Philosophy. Those are two subjects that I figured I would LOVE to take. I love writing of course. I just love writing free style. I guess I do good writing with a pre-determined topic. I just don't enjoy it LOL Philosophy is hard on an exhausted brain. I'm so drained academically. And it doesn't help both of my laptops stopped working the day before classes started. I should get one of my laptops back this week. YAY! But in the meantime it's meant using the business center where I live, one of my husbands offices, and my father in laws house. I just want the luxury of doing school work when I'm ready again.

Anyways, I rescued a stray cat from the neighborhood who seemed more like a rogue, "Mafia" kitty. So I gave her a good Russian name, "Nikita". Turns out she is PREGGO! BIG TIME! Well, now she is. I couldn't quite tell at the time. So I'm caring for her till she has her kittens. She is so lovable. We've decided to keep her after she has her kittens, but once her kittens are old enough we have to let them go. I've never dealt with this situation before. It's also a situation I never wanted to be in. We finally decided to adopt a cat earlier this year, Sara, and we made sure she was already fixed. I firmly believe in doing the responsible thing and having pets spayed or neutered. I love the ASPCA and used to donate money to them each month until this summer rolled around. Then money became tight LOL But still, you have to live what you preach right? Anyways, I'm excited and scared about these little kitties coming :-)

Cody is about to start 8th grade. Master of the Middle School before he becomes a high school freshman. Wow. I can't believe he's gotten this far! He's still my baby! Ugh. His best friend came to stay with us for a week and a half. He just got done having his pacemaker removed and while he was here his incision started getting infected. So I played nurse and took care of it. It's much better now :-) But having two teenage boys is exhausting! Especially when all they do is eat. But that's the joys of parenthood.

Colin is really starting to mature this summer. He turns 5 in September. Wow. But he misses the cutoff here for starting kindergarten so he'll start next year. But fortunately we found out that our church is going to be having a pre-k this year! I'm SO happy! So now we just need to get him registered and ready to start! He shocked me the other night with 2 loose teeth. Down at the bottom in the front. He ended up pulling them out! I was so proud of him for not freaking out. I did have to teach him how to blow out the pain when it got to be too much. Well... he did it! Silly boy.

Well, anyways, I'm about to get off of here but I just wanted to make note of JULY. Wow. It's been July for almost 2 weeks now but it just dawned on me. Something isn't it? LOL

No comments:

Post a Comment